A tip on the Initial setup of Blogger using FTP
You can publish your blogger blog using FTP so that the files reside on your server. There are a number of reasons you might want to do this including adding more spider food to your site.
I was getting a little frustrated with setting up a new blog. We were using the same exact hosting we were using for another blog that was working perfectly. All of the settings on the blogger publish page were identical as well as the way we set up the FTP accounts. However, when we would try to view the blog, we were getting a ‘page not found’ error.
The answer was incredibly simple. All you need to do is publish one post. If you don’t publish at least one post, no blog index file is created…
- Changing hosting for an FTP based Blogger Blog
- Four Reasons I’m moving from Blogger to self hosted WordPress.
- Fixing a broken blogger blog that was showing a bx- error in the front end and when accessing templates.
- A reason for differences in Blogger, Google Analytics and Adsense page views
- Blogger and duplicate descriptions in G’s Webmaster tools
- Blogger, custom domains and GoDaddy
- Google Adsense and Analytics showing different page views – Simple fix
- Twitshot allows you to easily post images from your blog to Twitter