Dell offering XP again
It appears that Dell is once again offering XP to purchasers of new Dell Systems.
The problems with Vista are
- It demands a lot from the hardware (ie upgrades to Vista might be risky). Performance on a new machine might be lower than you expected.
- A lot of older software will not run on Vista. This hits smaller businesses hard in that they often run at least one or two unique applications. I still see business running dos based Foxpro applications for their enterprise management.
According to the techdirt article, Dell is now steering people away from Vista (although that has not been confirmed.)
- Repartitioning a Dell Poweredge T-300 Server using Gparted
- Trying to find a sitemap generator for Vista with .net 3.5 sp1
- Vista and Remote Differential Compression
- Do it yourself Server installations
- BE Sure to claim your google places listing for your business
- Server 2003 End of Life – July 14 2015
- Ambiguity – Microsoft’s guided help for corrupted XP registries
- Support Ending for Vista (No Service Pack) and XP SP2 or lower on April 13 2010