Vista and Serif Photoplus
Well, I’m still working with Vista Home Premium on the new laptops.
We’ve had some issues and some successes.
I use Photoplus 11 from Serif software. It’s a really good substitute for Adobe Photoshop at about 10% of the cost.
The license allows you to install it on a desktop and one laptop. I checked out the Serif site and they indicated that Photoplus 11 will run under Vista if you install the patch they provide. I had my 12 year old son install Photoplus and the patch. So far, everything is working fine.
Once again, a migration to Vista can cause a lot of compatibility issues with both hardware and software. As you add your older hardware and software to your new Vista machine, you need to check for compatibility and visit the manufacturer’s support pages. Moving to Vista, in most cases, can be a complex process.
- Good article on Windows 10 from HowtoGeek
- Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP on 4 8 2014
- Dell offering XP again
- Skype video not working on an HP Vista laptop
- Vista SP1 – DANGER Will Robinson – Danger
- Microsoft is ending Server 2003 support
- Hardware Review – Smartdisk’s Videosafe
- Trying to find a sitemap generator for Vista with .net 3.5 sp1