Too many lawyers in this world. Yahoo Terms of Service
Check out Yahoo’s new Terms of Service at http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/advertising/masterterms/masterterms-322.html The Optimization paragraph is currently number 3.
OPTIMIZATION. In the U.S. only, for those advertisers not bound by an Insertion Order, we may help you optimize your account(s). Accordingly, you expressly agree that we may also: (i) create ads, (ii) add and/or remove keywords, and/or (iii) optimize your account(s). We will notify you via email of such changes made to your account(s), and can also include a spreadsheet of such changes upon your written request. If you would like any of such changes reversed, please reply to such email within 14 days of the change(s), and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to reverse the change(s) you specifically identify. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you remain responsible for all changes made to your account(s), including all click charges incurred prior to any reversions being made. It is your responsibility to monitor your account(s) and to ensure that your account settings are consistent with your business objectives.
Whoa there Bessie… If I am reading this correctly, Yahoo can change your ads and do all sorts of other things with your account and then bill you for it. Huh?? I’m not sure but I kind of think this could possibly be a bad thing… Nahh, letting a company tweak your account and hold you responsible financially for the changes can’t entail any risks now can it??
- Beware of using third party email as your prime email account
- Temporarily changing Virtuemart order confirmation emails.
- More on Poor Man’s Exchange
- A deadman’s switch for google. – Allow someone access if you no longer check into google.
- Ebay Hell – Breathing life into an old account
- Have Google do a quick security check on your Google account with the Google Security Check
- Troubleshooting tales – 2 bad monitors..
- The whole system of “secret questions” used by tens of thousands of sites, including email providers, banks and government sites is fundamentally flawed.