Vista Windows Explorer displaying disappearing thumbnails
I was working on my Vista Home Premium Machine tonight. I had moved a bunch of pics over to the Buffalo Linkstation NAS device.
When I tried working with some folders with Jpgs, the thumbnails would show and then promply disappear. This happened for any size: Extra Large, Large, Medium and small.
I did some searching and the concensus was to use disk cleanup to remove the thumbnail caches. OK. However, Disk Cleanup only showed local drives, not the Linkstation.
I then tried to delete the thumbnail caches manually. The system would not let me delete them either.
Well, as Agent 86 would say “Let’s try the old reboot the system trick”.. That did it. When I rebooted the thumbnails were working fine. I’m not sure how long that will last but it was an easy fix.
- Buffalo 1 TB Linkstation Network Addressable Storage Device
- Vista Home Premium and an Intel IAStor EventID 9 error
- Verizon fios voicemail from hell
- Ruby on Rails – Deleting a value from an array
- Repartitioning a Dell Poweredge T-300 Server using Gparted
- Private information on donated computers
- Found a potential huge disk space hog… Windows CD writer
- Find and remove duplicate files