Belkin mobile power supply is not working
Last Updated on
I had a Belkin Mobile Power supply for about 8 months. All of a sudden, it stopped working.
What would happen was that the laptop screen would dim and the indicator lights showed that the unit was not providing power. I contacted Belkin and they shipped a replacement power supply.
When I plugged that in, I got the same exact results. IOW, it wasn’t the power supply. If I plug in my OEM HP power supply, that works fine.
It appears that the problem is probably in the M029 tip. For some reason, it isn’t making a proper connection.
So, I might end up eaating the cost of shipping the power supply back. My next move is to get back in touch with Belkin and get a replacement tip. Hopefully that will work.
UPDATE – Belkin sent a new tip which worked perfectly. I guess 10 bucks for shipping isn’t that bad considering that Belkin really does stand by their warranty. When I get a chance, I’m going to order a spare tip. The reason is that I could probably pick up one of the travel power supplies almost anywhere while on the road but the tip could take a couple of days to arrive (which would be a bummer in a travel situation)
- A tip on the tips for the Belkin F5L010 Travel Power Supply
- A power failure and Mom’s lift chair
- Samsung Saga – keeping it charged
- Motorola Bluetooth earpieces
- Windows 8 without a touch screen is like an ice cream sundae without the ice cream
- Time for spring cleaning of your workstations and servers
- Google + update on Samsung Galaxy S3 giving a Can’t Load Data Error – SOLVED (At least somewhat)
- New Laptop Hard Drive Crash and Burn