Vista – No Steenking Print Preview
The other day I was trying to put together our yearly Christmas Card. I did the photo in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
The problem came when I was trying to print it. The machine is running Vista Home Premium. The printer is admittedly a cheapie.. a Canon MX310 series all in one.
Where I was getting frustrated was that neither Photoshop nor the MS Office picture manager would show a print preview. I wanted to print two pictures on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of photo paper. I had to print about 25 sheets before I got it right (thankfully I was smart enough to print on plain paper first).
For the life of me I don’t understand why there isn’t a print preview. This feature has been around for over a decade and has saved countless trees and barrels of ink and toner. My guess is that this is somehow related to Vista. I did not see a print preview when printing from Photoshop to the HP laserjet or the Canon Printer, nor did I see a print preview in the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I do see a print preview in Office 2007 though.
So, please, whoever the geniuses were that decided we didn’t need a print preview, add it back at the next revision.
- Vista Insanity – Not all printers are listed when printing
- HP laserjet pro 1102w runaway printing.
- Workaround for Vista photo printing
- Canon mx310 series all in one – dumber than a rock
- Kodak Adobe Photoshop Photo Downloader and “parameter not found”
- Vista Home Premium and a Photosmart A512 printer shared on XP
- Printing with Google Gmail is slow or hangs
- “Access is denied” trying to re install an HP1102w on Windows 7 – SOLVED