The great mobile phone quest – Blackberry Storm and Curve ruled out.
I’m in the market for a new mobile phone. There are a couple of sites I want to access via the phone:
- I teach an online course using the ecollege platform
- The google adsense and adwords control panel
So, now we are looking at some of the phones that use the Windows OS such as the Samsung Saga. I’m not sure if they will work or not but we are going to do some testing and I’ll update this post. I spoke with the tech support at go2mypc and they believe it will work.
What we are going to do is change our passwords, then go to the verizon store and try logging into the three sites I mentioned above. Once we confirm or deny compatability, then I’ll go outside, fire up the laptop , and change the passwords.
So, as a word of caution, if you are using a smartphone for basic browsing, you will probably be OK. If you are planning to use it for access to specific sites, then you need to make absolutely sure that the phone has the capability to access those sites. Keep in mind that the sites may make changes that will make your phone incompatable with their site.
- Samsung Saga – First impressions
- 300 Bucks for a Verizon Samsung Saga THAT DOESN”T WORK
- Carbonite forces password changes
- Store Manager for Oscommerce from MagneticOne
- Cheap Hosting and Identity Theft
- how to add additional admin users in oscommerce with htpasswd
- Contingency plans for laptop failures while on the road
- Your cell phone can be used to spy on you.