Shipping info virus scam
There have been a lot of messages in my inbox with a virus payload. The messages masquarade as messages from one of the big shipping companies: DHL, FEDEX, USPS, UPS or DHL. There is a ZIP attachment.
This is just like those scary movies where you yell at the screen “DON’T OPEN THAT DOOR”.. In this case it is DON’T OPEN THAT ZIP ATTACHMENT.
The real shipping companies do not send emails with zip files attached.
Here is how one of the emails appears. Note the From Address that is not from UPS.Com and also note the ZIP file. Never click on that Zip attachment. (unless you want a severely infected computer)
Below is the result of the virus. It shows a fake alert trying to get you to buy their ‘product’. You would think that a State Attorney General somewhere would get after the perpetrators.
- The case of the strange computer
- EzOutlookSync – Synchronizing 2 or more outlook PST files
- New Jersey Kommisar of Nannyism Subpoenas Records of Social Site
- Outlook XP (2002) and Vista Home Premium won’t play nicely
- More on Poor Man’s Exchange
- It’s Fishing and Phishing season again!!
- Showing the file name before committing to an upload of a CSV file in Ruby on Rails
- New York to try to charge sales tax on Internet Purchases