The case of the strange computer
I got a call for a home machine that was infected with a virus. We picked up the machine and cleaned it up. It seemed to be working well when we returned it to the client.
The client called and said it was not working. We went out and , sure enough, it was hardly responding. We took it back to the shop. Once again it worked well.
Conclusion: A piece of hardware at the client’s site was crashing the computer
- “Your computer needs maintenance” scams.
- HP 8600 printer and Adobe reader X
- WordPress update to 3.7 caused a crash
- Troubleshooting tales – 2 bad monitors..
- Sitemeter appears to be crashing IE7
- Do it yourself Server installations
- Vista Home Premium and USB Hubs
- Find old versions of some apps such as AOL.