Your cell phone can be used to spy on you.
This is extremely creepy. I’ve known about this for a while but erroneously supposed that only the Government was able to spy on you using your cell phone.
The creepy part is that someone can listen in to your conversations even when the phone is not being used. The safest way to have a secure discussion when you are meeting with someone is to remove your cellphone battery (or use a homemade Faraday Cage)
Software can be installed. With today’s internet and email capable phones, the problem becomes more pervasive. Make sure that you don’t allow access to your phone. Keep control of it at all times and protect it with a password. A friend “borrowing your phone to make a call” could give them enough time to install spy software on your phone.
- Weird DSL Problem – Network locks when getting a call on the non dsl phone line.
- Privacy Danger from Android Flashlight and other apps
- The great mobile phone quest – Blackberry Storm and Curve ruled out.
- Carbonite forces password changes
- Need to send a lot of large files?
- Bill would allow Obama to sieze control of the internet
- Poor man’s email option for a Verizon Phone
- Surveillance cameras can read your texts…