Secure Google Search
Last Updated on
Google has released a secure search in beta (test mode). This will, to some degree, hide your search terms and results from third parties on your network. This will help hide your searches from your boss at work, other visitors at a hotel or at school.
Keep in mind that this is in a test mode at this time. Also, once you click on one of the search results it is quite probable that the URL and page data would be visible. Another factor to consider is that google will store your search queries.
Is it worth the trouble? For home use, probably not. Most schools and corporate IT departments will still be able to figure out if you are using the internet inappropriately. However, in cases such as working on sensitive projects while traveling and/or using guest internet connections, it would probably be worth the effort. Currently the encrypted version of google search can be accessed by https://www.google.com.
For more information, see the google article
- Want to know what that pic is?? search by uploading an image.
- Travel wifi – Beware of the evil twin
- I heard a radio advertisor telling people to email their credit card info to him
- Private information on donated computers
- Windows 10 will force updates on home users.
- Google will look at the mobile friendliness of your site as a ranking factor starting April 2015
- Stress testing Joomla Sites
- Oops – Google password system might be hacked