Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
I had a bit of a time migrating a joomla 1.5 site to 2.5 and also upgrading Fabrik so all of the forms worked. The following finally worked for me. Your mileage may vary. WARNING the migration from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6 is tricky and risky. BEWARE
- Backup your existing site using akeeba or a similar application.
- Consider upgrading to the latest PHP, Msql and PHPMyADmin.
- FTP your existing site to your desktop.
- Update your Joomla 1.5.x to 1.5.25 (or the latest 1.5 release)
- Take note of, and update any extensions.
- Backup again and at each stage
- If necessary, install mootools.
- Install and run jupgrade on your 1.5 site.
- Test the installation in the jupgrade folder.
- Install Fabrik 3.x and any extensions.
- This is the tricky part – Run PHPMyADmin
- you should see tables with jos_fabrik and j17_fabrik. If not, try reinstalling Fabrik
- look at the JOS_fabrik tables and print or note them.
- drop the corresponding J17_Fabrik tables.
- Copy the jos_fabrik_xxx tables to J17_fabrik_xxx
- It appears that there is no jos_fabrik_tables but there is a j17_fabrik_lists table. Back the latter up (Copy to a new name)
- Export the jos_fabrik_Tables to a CSV file
- Import that csv file into J17_fabrik_lists.
- Go to your joomla back end and click on FABRIK under Components.
- If you clicked on FABRIK, you should see TOOLS on the right. Look for and click UPGRADE FROM 2.1
- I was getting a permissions error when trying to view forms in the front end. The solution was to open each table in lists and then save it. That fixed the permissions issue.
- Install and configure any other extensions
- Install your template
- Check the location for your modules. Things have changed a bit.
- make sure that everything you want published is published.
- Ftp the contents of the jupgrade folder to your desktop.
- Conventional wisdom is to delete the joomla installation files in the root on your server. Deleting via FTP can take some time. I found that I could simply rename the Joomla folders to name-old.
- Ftp the contents of the jupgrade folder from your pc to the root of your website.
- Pay attention to any failed transfers and retry them until all files are up.
- I had particular problems with configuration.php. I had to rename that file on the server before I could ftp it backup.
If all goes well, you will have a working site with the forms basically working. You will still have some cleaning up and testing to do.
and, oh yeah, run another backup.
did I say back up constantly ??
- Removing obsolete database tables from your Joomla site.
- Fabrik Database connection when changing a site domain.
- Changing the email template for Fabrik Forms in Joomla.
- Joomla extension failure upload due to max file upload size – workaround
- joomla 1.6 and Fabrik
- A quick way to clear the redirect list in Joomla
- Showing a Fabrik Form in a Joomla Article
- Fixing the blank / white sitemap page issue in xmap for Joomla