Jupgrade for Joomla didn’t work under chrome
We are migrating a site from Joomla 1.5.25 to Joomla 2.5. When I went to run the jupgrade extension, it seemed to just hang. There was an box with about 6 boxes under it with captions such as “Checking” and “Downloading”. I checked everything and it seemed to be configured properly.
I tried the upgrade using Firefox instead of Chrome and it worked! That was an extremely easy solution.”
UPDATE – I ran into another problem where I had loaded the mootools update and used different browsers and still had the problem with jupgrade. I found an answer at
The solution was to
- open the system mootools_upgrade tool in plugin manager
- change from ENABLED to DISABLED
- Change back from DISABLED to ENABLED.
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- Joomla end of life
- Solved – Menu won’t reorder in Joomla after migration from 1.5
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Joomla 2.5 Update Notifications.
- Mass manipulation of the target and nofollow attributes in joomla
- Westhost, joomla updater fopen and htaccess.
- Showing a Fabrik Form in a Joomla Article