Jupgrade for Joomla didn’t work under chrome

Last Updated on January 27, 2020 by Christopher G Mendla

We are migrating a site from Joomla 1.5.25 to Joomla 2.5. When I went to run the jupgrade extension, it seemed to just hang. There was an box with about 6 boxes under it with captions such as “Checking” and “Downloading”. I checked everything and it seemed to be configured properly.

I tried the upgrade using Firefox instead of Chrome and it worked! That was an extremely easy solution.”

UPDATE – I ran into another problem where I had loaded the mootools update and used different browsers and still had the problem with jupgrade. I found an answer at

http://redcomponent.com/forum/92-jupgrade/123940-jupgrade-seems-to-do-nothing-at-all

The solution was to

  • open the system mootools_upgrade tool in plugin manager
  • change from ENABLED to DISABLED
  • APPLY
  • Change back from DISABLED to ENABLED.
  • SAVE
I was then able to successfully run jupgrade in firefox.
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *