Buying a new computer – PAY ATTENTION TO THE VIDEO
I am starting to see new computers with no VGA video output, just DVI. Some people don’t want to purchase a new monitor with their computer due to financial or other reasons.
The problem is that there are a number of DVI connectors. It isn’t as simple as just connecting DVI to VGA. The five basic connectors are
- DVI-I Single Link
- DVI-I Dual Link
- DVI-D Single Link
- DVI-D Dual Link
The problem is further compounded by the fact that computer manufacturers don’t seem to be too quick to include a DVI to VGA adapter. Add to that the fact that the adapters are almost impossible to find in local stores as of March 2012. I suspect that you will begin to see the adapters in stock at some point but right now, mail order is your best bet.
There is also the option of a DVI to HDMI connector. I am using a 27 inch Television as my main monitor. I connected that from the DVI-D Dual Link to HDMI with a conversion cable. The picture is great.
- Troubleshooting tales – 2 bad monitors..
- Meltdown and Spectre – Intel CEO reportedly sold over three quarter of a million shares AFTER learning of the vulnerabilities.
- Bias Lighting for your TV and monitor plus color temperature adjustment – Save your eyes!!
- MainorArchivePage tag in Blogger
- The new xbox is a peeping tom
- Dual Booting Windows 8 and WIndows XP
- Samsung Saga – keeping it charged
- A fix for spam emails on mobile devices