“Access is denied” trying to re install an HP1102w on Windows 7 – SOLVED
After a thunderstorm last night, I found that I could not print to my HP 1102W Laserjet Professional.
I tried deleting the printer from the control panel. When I tried to reinstall it, the procedure failed with “Not enough memory” if I tried to reinstall the driver and “Access is denied” if I tried to keep the existing driver.
I found a blog post about the possibility of making sure all users had rights to the Dat files in the Driverstore folder. C:WindowsSystem32DriverStore. Keep in mind that opening rights has security implications. Opening the rights up didn’t work.
I then went to the ‘smart install’ on the printer and reinstalled the printer that way. That worked. The following assumes you have already configured your printer for wireless access and have assigned an IP
- Type the IP of the printer in a browser.
- Go to the Smart Install tab
- Click on the download button
- Follow the prompts
- Print a test page.
- Try printing from other applications
- HP laserjet pro 1102w runaway printing.
- Vista Insanity – Not all printers are listed when printing
- Vista – No Steenking Print Preview
- Printing with Google Gmail is slow or hangs
- Quickbooks 2010 Printing and PDF’ing screwed up
- Raytheon is 3d printing guided missiles
- USPS online postage
- Workaround for Vista photo printing