Verizon Wireless Droid X hotspot worse than useless
Last Updated on
I am away and am using my verizon droid x as a wireless hotspot. I pay for this service every month.
I’ve noticed that my phone’s bars change from blue to white and I saw a ‘3g connection lost’ message.
I tried calling Verizon’s ‘support’. However, they must have contracted with a flaming idiot or a sadist to design their voice mail system. They jerked my chain for a half hour running me in stinking circles until I figured out that they have ‘limited support’ after 11 pm.
I’m not sure, but it appears that the problem may be related to hitting certain webpages.. Nope, I’m not talking about pages of untextiled female anatomy… I’m not talking about the anarchist’s freaking cookbook, I’m not talking about anything like that. It finally occurred to me that the problem was happening when I tried to open the site for our local newspaper.
I’m at the Jersey Shore. There are a lot of people and the freaking tower, according to the opensignal app, it ONE BLOCK AWAY.. yep.. One steeenking block and verizon can’t seem to provide the steenking data that I am paying for.
BTW – the site I suspect was crashing things (And I may be wrong on this) was phillyburbs.com. I don’t see a thing wrong with their site.
I did some research and found some possible fixes/causes
- Do a hard reset.. Yep,, great. Lose all your data and hope your backup works.
- Go to Airplane mode for 30 seconds. Supposedly that resets your cellular connection
- Take a close look at your apps. Some people have claimed that Advanced Task Killer, which I run, could cause conflicts with ver. 2.2.2 of the Android OS.
- Solar Flares… Tell the sun to cut the crap out.
- Tower maintenance
- High traffic.
- Make sure that you aren’t locking onto a weak wifi signal. That is a possibility for me here. IOW, a neighbor deliberately left his wifi open. Supposedly wifi overrides 3g which could cause an issue
- 300 Bucks for a Verizon Samsung Saga THAT DOESN”T WORK
- Verizon FIOS – A wireless SSID mystery solved – Two SSIDs showing
- Wifi Repeaters… Not just for mooching Wifi at the shore..
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Wifi analyzer for the droid
- Quickbooks 2010 won’t print or email WTF???
- Verizon Fios support – Outsourced to Larry Moe and Curley Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
- HP laserjet pro 1102w runaway printing.