Installation of VIrtuemart in Joomla – workaround
We were trying to install Virtuemart on a Joomla 2.5.x site.
The normal methods of installation through the Joomla installer were not working even though we had extracted the zip files as required.
Were able to install virtuemart by the following method.
- We set up an FTP connection. In the root of the HTML folder, there is a TMP folder.
- We extracted the two zip files from the Virtuemart Download.
- We checked the folders and files in the TMP folder to make sure that none were being used and then deleted them. (this just made things easier and cleaned things up a bit)
- We FTP’d the two extracted Virtuemart Folders, com_virtuemart.2.0.12b and com_virtuemart.2.0.12b_ext_aio to the TMP folder
- We then went to the Joomla installation panel and selected the INSTALL FROM DIRECTORY option. In this case, our path was /var/www/html/tmp/com_virtuemart.2.0.12b and /var/www/html/tmp/com_virtuemart.2.0.12b_ext_aio respectively.
- Fixing the “Safe Path Not Found” issue in Virtuemart.
- Joomla extension failure upload due to max file upload size – workaround
- Workaround when admin menus aren’t working in Joomla 1.5.x
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- First install of Joomla 3.1. Magic Quotes gpc off problem (Westhost hosting)
- Copying files from a non bootable Vista machine using Knoppix
- Removing spaces from filenames in Joomla sites
- Westhost, joomla updater fopen and htaccess.