Westhost, joomla updater fopen and htaccess.
I was setting up a joomla installation on Westhost (Cpanel version). I was getting an error of
The PHP allow_url_fopen setting is disabled. This setting must be enabled for the updater to work.
# WestHost 4.0 Custom php.ini
SetEnv PHPRC /home//public_html/php.ini where is the user id for westhost.
That solved the problem.
UPDATE – 6/15/15 – The entry above did not work. I had to use
Chris Mendla. provides Joomla consulting services.
- Idiotic, Stupid MOronic Security at USPS.COM (and other sites)
- How to prevent hotlinking with Frontpage published sites.
- Setting up structured data for a website.
- Workaround for scanning issues with a Sharp MX-C311 and WIndows 7
- First install of Joomla 3.1. Magic Quotes gpc off problem (Westhost hosting)
- Using the Author Feature of WordPress to Brand Your Name
- Getting the USER AGENT and Current page for Fabrik Forms in Joomla
- Things to do to stop a brute force attack on a WordPress Blog