Westhost, joomla updater fopen and htaccess.
Last Updated on
I was setting up a joomla installation on Westhost (Cpanel version). I was getting an error of
The PHP allow_url_fopen setting is disabled. This setting must be enabled for the updater to work.
# WestHost 4.0 Custom php.ini
SetEnv PHPRC /home//public_html/php.ini where is the user id for westhost.
That solved the problem.
UPDATE – 6/15/15 – The entry above did not work. I had to use
- How to prevent hotlinking with Frontpage published sites.
- Workaround for scanning issues with a Sharp MX-C311 and WIndows 7
- First install of Joomla 3.1. Magic Quotes gpc off problem (Westhost hosting)
- Things to do to stop a brute force attack on a WordPress Blog
- Fixing the “Leverage browser caching” and “Enable Compression” from Google Page Speed in Joomla
- Using a 301 redirect to avoid search engines seeing duplicate content.
- Tried to use Westhost’s preferred cpanel hosting for Rails — NO GO
- WordPress update to 3.7 caused a crash