Solved – Menu won’t reorder in Joomla after migration from 1.5
Last Updated on
We had a Joomla site where the menu would not re-order properly. This seemed to occur after using Jupgrade to migrate the site from j 1.5.
I found a substantial amount of documentation about this on the Joomla forums and elsewhere. BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR SITE BEFORE TRYING ANY OF THESE FIXES. The consensus was:
- Use a free plugin to enable drag and drop in the menus. The plug is available at here. However, I could not get the required registration to work.
- Use an extension to reset all of the entries in the ordering column to zero. A link to the extension can be found in this forum post. I tried this but received an error trying to run the component.
- Change the administrative template and delete the cache – this did not work for us.
- Create a new menu and copy the items back and forth.
- Open the menu manager for the menu in question.
- On the right side, select TRASHED under SELECT STATUS
- Select all of the trashed items and delete.
- Then select UNPUBLISHED
- Delete all of the unpublished items.
- Select TRASHED again and delete those items.
- Select ALL or PUBLISHED
- Save your ordering.
- Mobilizing joomla sites with Jtouch
- Better control of user access in Joomla prior to 1.6
- Joomla, Artisteer and graphical buttons for the top menu
- Changing the email template for Fabrik Forms in Joomla.
- Joomla 2.5 blank screen during front end login – SOLVED
- Artisteer for Joomla Vertical Graphical Menu
- Deleting COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_ entries in the extension manager of a Joomla 3 site
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID