HP 8600 printer and Adobe reader X
I just installed an HP officejet 8600 for a client. In the process, I updated Adobe reader to Adober Reader X.
The client was trying to print some multi page PDFs the next day and was getting garbage, not text.
I found some reports that people had similar problems with the 8600/adobe X combo and solved it by reverting to Adobe Reader 9. I checked Adobe’s site and Adobe Reader XI was available. I removed X and installed XI. Things seem to be working well now.
UPDATE 3/5/13 – The client reported that there were some PDFs that were still unprintable under Adobe XI. I am going to roll that machine back to Adobe Reader 9.5. The machine is running XP.
- Searchable PDF file problem with Win 7/8 64 bit – Solved
- Adobe 9 Reader and Acrobat Vulnerability
- Adobe 1606 Error
- Malwarebytes free anti Exploit – Protection against Zero Day Flash/Java/other exploits
- You might want to recheck your site’s mobile readiness with Google for differences in Blogger, Google Analytics and Adsense page views even if you passed previously.
- Vista and Serif Photoplus
- The case of the strange computer
- Kodak Adobe Photoshop Photo Downloader and “parameter not found”