A good slideshow on the basics of SEO (Joomla using sh404sef)
The following is a good slideshow on the basics of SEO factors. The newer releases of Joomla (1.6 on) are plagued with duplicate content problems, especially with Google. This can easily kill a site.
There are tools available that will help solve the duplicate content issue by a canonical url. This means that, if Joomla is creating multiple links to content, search engines will only see one url. The tool we are using now is sh404sef from AnythingDigital. In addition to fixing the canonical issues, it also provides other site enhancements such as custom 404 pages
We provide Joomla Consulting. See www.cgmsytems.com for details.
- Redirecting a folder using Apache redirects
- Using a 301 redirect to avoid search engines seeing duplicate content.
- Blogger and duplicate descriptions in G’s Webmaster tools
- Why site owners need to download backups of their websites.
- Xmap for joomla is being replaced with OSMap
- Checking a site for broken links.
- Removing spaces from filenames in Joomla sites
- Joomla as a replacement for Frontpage