How to override table settings for Joomla sites with Artisteer generated templates
We had a bit of trouble figuring out how to modify the settings of tables in sites that use an Artisteer generated table. We use JCE as our content editor.
The solution was quite simple:
- Right click on the table
- Click on Table Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Go to to the Styles box and add your style preferences. For example, border-width: 0px; will set the border width for the table to zero. Additional styles can be separated by a semicolon.
- You can do the same thing for cells and rows.
This will override the settings in your Artisteer template. Be sure to refresh your cache if you are not seeing changes. There is a handy page at http://www.somacon.com/p141.php that will help you find the right CSS Style code to meet your needs.
We provide Joomla Consulting
- Preventing images from overflowing a column in WordPress with an Artisteer theme and possibly other themes.
- Centering Tables in Joomla with an Artisteer Template
- Width of Fabrik Fields in Joomla with an Artisteer Template in IE and FIrefox
- Bullets not lining up with text in Artisteer 4 joomla templates
- Artisteer for Joomla Vertical Graphical Menu
- Artisteer templates with Ruby on Rails – Header and graphics not showing – solution
- Website speed does matter – Speed up your Joomla Site
- A quick way to clear the redirect list in Joomla