Back up your Google Drive documents!!!
A lot of us are becoming increasingly dependent on Google Drive. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Google Drive, it is Google’s cloud based document storage. It is a great way of sharing documents between people or having an easy way to access documents when you are on the road.
The problem is that getting locked out of your google account, accidentally deleting the file, data corruption or other disasters could result in the loss of valuable data.
Fortunately there is an easy solution. All google drive documents have a “File – Download as” option. So, if you have a spreadsheet, you can simply download a copy periodically to your downloads folder on your local machine.
Some things to consider are:
- If the data is sensitive, a copy will now reside on the device you downloaded to.
- You need to have the discipline to make the backups on a regular basis.
- How to backup gmail and other google accounts.
- Retrieving data from a dead windows laptop hard drive with an external USB HD enclosure
- Copying files from a non bootable Vista machine using Knoppix
- Why don’t people backup
- Private information on donated computers
- Back up data from your Google Account
- Copiers and your privacy
- Windows Easy Transfer and HP Recovery Partititions – BEWARE