Joomla 2.5 Update Notifications.
I noticed that some of our Joomla sites would show an Joomla Core update notification while other sites didn’t. Admin tools would show if there was an update but a recent update of admin tools seems to have dropped this feature.
If you go to the Joomla control panel and don’t see the Joomla core update icon, the fix is simple:
- Log into your back end
- Go to EXTENSION MANAGER – PLUGIN MANAGER
- Set the Quick Icon – Joomla! Update Notification to enabled. You might also want to set Quick Icon – Joomla! Extensions Updates Notification to enabled also.
- Monthly maintenance for Joomla (and other) sites.
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID
- Going back two pages in Ruby on Rails
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Website speed does matter – Speed up your Joomla Site
- Jupgrade for Joomla didn’t work under chrome
- Mobilizing joomla sites with Jtouch
- J – Google AdSense module for Joomla – BE SURE TO ADD YOUR PUBLISHER ID