Fixing the blank / white sitemap page issue in xmap for Joomla
I was trying to install xmap on a client’s Joomla site. The install seemed to go normally. However, when I chose Components – Xmap, I got a blank white screen. I tried installing a newer version but had the same results.
I uninstalled xmap and then I fired up Filezilla and FTP’d into the site. I deleted the contents of the Cache and TMP folders. I then reinstalled the latest version and it worked like a charm.
WARNING – deleting the contents of any folder on a live site could have negative consequences. Be sure to backup before deleting anything.
Note – xmap was superseded by OSMap
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- Backing up and restoring Google Contacts
- Joomla and fabrik issues causing Akeeba Backup Pro to hang
- Xmap for joomla is being replaced with OSMap
- Installation of VIrtuemart in Joomla – workaround
- Malicious email snafus Samsung Saga messaging
- WordPress crash after updating BackupWordPress to v 3.9 – June 10 2019
- “Access is denied” trying to re install an HP1102w on Windows 7 – SOLVED