Stress testing Joomla Sites
Web platforms such as Joomla are database driven. That means that they are sensitive to the number of connections open at any one time. Many business owners will start a site on inexpensive shared hosting for perhaps ten dollars a month.
As the site becomes more popular, they will start to experience issues with wait times and even page not found errors.
There are online sites such as http://loadimpact.com/ that will perform a load test on your site. Loadimpact offers a free service although the results are public. You simply run the test and then you will have an idea as to how much traffic your site can sustain.
- Free (well mostly free) online mind mapping
- Website speed does matter – Speed up your Joomla Site
- Using Google Lighthouse / PageSpeed Insights to benchmark your sites.
- Is your site on HTTPs yet? Chrome will warn users who visit http sites.
- Monthly maintenance for Joomla (and other) sites.
- Using a 301 redirect to avoid search engines seeing duplicate content.
- How to prevent hotlinking with Frontpage published sites.
- Using Cloudflare with Westhost WordPress sites