Trying Android 5.1 (Lollipop) update on my Nexus 7
My Nexus 7 tablet was running extremely well until I installed the Lollipop update. It went from being trusty and reliable to crashing and hanging every 2 minutes. I applied some of the fixes such as clearing the system cache which helped a bit. I also put Advanced Task Killer in the tray and started using that to kill all processes **IF** I could get the thing to respond when I turned it on.
I had visions of taking it to the skeet range, yelling “Pull” and having someone toss it in the air.
I just noticed that a 5.1 update was available. I’m going to give that a try.
Update 3/20/15 – So far, I’m not impressed. The tablet is still slow when powering on and a range of apps are still giving the “application is not responding” error.. Nice try google, but no lollipop for you!
- Android Nexus 7 – Periodic “Starting Android – Optimizing application x of x” IOW Lollipop sucks
- Google + update on Samsung Galaxy S3 giving a Can’t Load Data Error – SOLVED (At least somewhat)
- Privacy Danger from Android Flashlight and other apps
- Server Problem, Please try later error with Google + Locations on Samsung S3 – SOLVED
- Chrome’s new bookmarks function misses the mark (Apr 2015) – SOLVED
- site monitoring with Ruby on Rails
- Date Pickers in Rails (Internet Explorer and other browsers)
- Dlink DCS 936L camera – False alarms all day but misses SUVs, Mailmen and all 240 pounds of me.