Xmap for joomla is being replaced with OSMap
If you have a Joomla site running XMap, you should consider replacing it with OSMap. XMap/OSMap is an extension that creates a sitemap of your site. These sitemaps are used by search engines such as Google and Bing to list all of the pages of your site. If you don’t have a site map and have it registered with at least Google and Bing Webmaster Tools, you should do so as soon as possible.
OSMap is an improved version of Xmap.
I provide Joomla Consulting Services.
- Bing is focusing on the ‘mobile readiness’ of sites.
- Redirecting a Joomla OSMap sitemap to /sitemap.xml
- A good slideshow on the basics of SEO (Joomla using sh404sef)
- Setting up structured data for a website.
- Fixing the blank / white sitemap page issue in xmap for Joomla
- Verifying a blogger hosted blog in google webmaster tools and submitting a sitemap
- Joomla end of life
- Google Mobile Readiness tool showing “fail” for a joomla site – Redid the Robots.txt file and it showed ‘success’ = Quirky Tool