Android Nexus 7 – Periodic “Starting Android – Optimizing application x of x” IOW Lollipop sucks
My Nexus 7 has been a mess ever since the Google Lollipop update. A new issue is cropping up where the tablet will spontaneously reboot. When it restarts, it goes into a “Starting Android, Optimizing app n of nn” mode.
After checking on this, it appears that I’m luck because the tablet will start up when it is finished optimizing. Some people end up with a tablet or phone that is rendered useless by the device looping in this mode.
I’ll probably be due for an upgrade soon. However, I am becoming increasing less than satisfied with the Android OS.
I have a couple of options here.
- Purchase a new tablet? – Nope.. I have other uses for the funds now.
- Live with an unreliable piece of junk
- Go through the tablet and do a search and destroy getting rid of any apps that I don’t use/need regularly. – That MIGHT help
- Factory refresh the tablet – That may or may not work and will require a bit of time to do.
- See if the thing will fit into a clay pigeon thrower, yell “PULL” and let an ounce or so of 7 1/2 shot do it’s stuff.
- Google + update on Samsung Galaxy S3 giving a Can’t Load Data Error – SOLVED (At least somewhat)
- Trying Android 5.1 (Lollipop) update on my Nexus 7
- Secure Google Search
- Privacy Danger from Android Flashlight and other apps
- Getting the USER AGENT and Current page for Fabrik Forms in Joomla
- Server Problem, Please try later error with Google + Locations on Samsung S3 – SOLVED
- Google Apps Status Page – Find out if Google apps are currently down
- The joy of hibernation for laptops