Bing is focusing on the ‘mobile readiness’ of sites.
Last Updated on
Bing is placing more emphasis on the mobile friendliness of websites.
I posted previously about the Google Algo changes in April 2015 regarding the mobile friendliness of your sites. According to a November 2014 Post on the Bing Blog, Bing is highlighting mobile friendly sites when you search via Bing from a mobile device.
Unfortunately, Bing does not appear to have a tool similar to the Google Mobile Readiness tool . You can check Bing’s assessment of your site by searching for your site using Bing on a mobile device. that, however, can be a bit tedious. One alternative is to load the Opera Mobile Emulator on your PC and search Bing that way. If your site shows up in the mobile results with “mobile friendly” then you can be reasonably sure that your site is indeed mobile ready according to Bing.
Keep an eye on you Bing Webmaster Tools as I suspect that they will eventually add a tool to the dashboard to let you know if your site is mobile ready according to Bing.
To Recap, Google and Bing are now making it clear that they are placing emphasis on the mobile readiness of a site for ranking purposes. It is also clear that both search engines prefer a responsive site over a site with separate mobile content. If you haven’t updated your site to make it responsive, now is the time to do so.
- Google will look at the mobile friendliness of your site as a ranking factor starting April 2015
- You might want to recheck your site’s mobile readiness with Google for differences in Blogger, Google Analytics and Adsense page views even if you passed previously.
- Why a WordPress site that isn’t mobile friendly is killing your traffic.
- Quick fix for a Joomla site that google said wasn’t ‘mobile ready’
- Google Mobile Readiness tool showing “fail” for a joomla site – Redid the Robots.txt file and it showed ‘success’ = Quirky Tool
- Meme – Mobile ready websites
- Using Google Lighthouse / PageSpeed Insights to benchmark your sites.
- Blogger and duplicate descriptions in G’s Webmaster tools