Computer Consulting Services in Pennsylvania will be subject to Sales Tax under Governor Wolf’s Tax increase proposal.
One of the hidden gems in Pennsylvania Governor Wolf’s proposed budges is a sweeping increase in the goods and services that will be subject to the Pennsylvania Sales tax.
One in particular is the inclusion of Consulting Services in the plan. This will have a twofold effect on people.
1) You will now find a 6 or 7 percent addition to your invoices for the Sales Tax
2) The cost of compliance and bookkeeping for consultants will increase so they will most likely pass that cost on to the end user/consumer.
According to McCall’s “Professional services, including research, consulting, Photography, translation, veterinary, scientific, computer and technical services:” Will be included in the sales tax along with hundreds of other services you use every day.
If you like your tax increase, you can keep your tax increase.
“I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.” ― Winston S. Churchill
UPDATE Jan 2018 – This does not seem to have been implemented yet. Let’s hope things stay as they are.
- Craigslist is now charging fees for Services ads as of March 15 2018
- A power failure and Mom’s lift chair
- A look back at the Commodore 64 ‘computer’ –
- The failure of Philadelphia’s “Free Wireless” project
- Ebay online petition against Internet Sales Tax
- Buying a new computer – PAY ATTENTION TO THE VIDEO
- New York to try to charge sales tax on Intenet Purchases
- We have updated our WordPress offerings