Microsoft is ending Server 2003 support
Microsoft has announce that it will be ending support for Server 2003 on July 14 , 2015.
If you continue to run Server 2003 beyond this date your network becomes increasingly vulnerable to hackers as updates will no longer be available This can leave businesses open to civil and criminal actions in addition to the damage caused by being hacked.
Anyone who has machines running Server 2003 should IMMEDIATELY begin the migration process if they haven’t done so already.
As far as the retired Server 2003 machines, your options are:
- Completely wipe the drives and sell the machines
- Recycle them.
- Install a linux client or server software on them.
- The older machines might not support modern server software such as Server 2012. (Server 2008 has reached the end of it’s mainstream support). However, the machine could probably handle Windows 8 or 10.
- Convert the machine to a NAS device (Network addressable Storage). Some options are
So, Starve a litigation lawyer, migrate your systems from Server 2003 TODAY!
- Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP on 4 8 2014
- Windows 10 is coming!!!
- Vista, Norton and Total Appraisal
- Running XP at this point is just plain irresponsible – Hackers are starting to exploit XP
- Belkin Network USB hub – Hardware Review
- PCHelpware – Remote Support
- Skype video not working on an HP Vista laptop
- Good article on Windows 10 from HowtoGeek