Periscope and privacy
Periscope is a popular streaming feature for twitter BUT the problem is that people viewing your stream can pinpoint your address. Creep Factor 10 Mr. Sulu. Also, there is a current flaw that allows the titles of streams marked as ‘private’ to be seen by the public.
In other words, the app allows you to send a video stream using twitter. However, someone can look at the stream and determine your location with a high degree of accuracy.
The problem is that many of us, myself included, are taking privacy for granted. We need to be constantly vigilant about threats to our privacy.
For more information
- Veritas Expose – Twitter employees are looking at your private messages including those of your privates…
- You can analyze someones twitter feed with online tools. CREEPY
- Equifax’s Chief Security Officer’s Qualifications – SHE WAS A MUSIC MAJOR.!!
- Java Vulberabilities
- New rules for duplicate Twitter Posts.
- Cheap Hosting and Identity Theft
- Is your site on HTTPs yet? Chrome will warn users who visit http sites.