Rebuilding a ‘lost’ website using the wayback machine at archive.org
I occasionally come across a need to recreate a website that was ‘lost’ with no backup. There is a way to rebuild at least part of a site if the site is small enough.
You can see a snapshot of a site from the past by going to www.archive.org. The calendar will show the available archives of the site if there are any. If you are lucky enough to find an archive of the site you can copy and paste the content.
This is not a perfect solution. For example, online stores such as Virtuemart will not have the items cataloged.
- How to backup gmail and other google accounts.
- Back up data from your Google Account
- Installation of VIrtuemart in Joomla – workaround
- How to retrieve a single file from a past commit in Git.
- MainorArchivePage tag in Blogger
- An easy way to find the .net version running on your machine.
- Fixing the “Safe Path Not Found” issue in Virtuemart.
- Instant Cafe Feeder and Google Base