How to backup gmail and other google accounts.
Last Updated on
Many people have become dependant on various Google products including your Google Drive, Gmail, Photos and more using Google Takeout.
The process is fairly simple:
- Go to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout and make sure you are logged onto your Google account.
- Choose which items you want to back up.
- Select Next
- Select the archive type and notification and select “Create Archive”
- You can also choose to “Manage Archives”
- Once the archive is ready, you can click the download link. Please note
- The downloads are only available for a limited time
- They can be quite large
- The file naming isn’t that great so you might want to put them in a folder such as “Gmail archive june 20 2015”.
That’s it… You can now periodically download a copy of your information so that if anything happens to your Google account, you will be able to restore to the last archive you took.
- Back up data from your Google Account
- Back up your Google Drive documents!!!
- Have Google do a quick security check on your Google account with the Google Security Check
- Gmail doesn’t play AVI files??
- A fix for spam emails on mobile devices
- A deadman’s switch for google. – Allow someone access if you no longer check into google.
- BE Sure to claim your google places listing for your business
- Need to send a lot of large files?