Running XP at this point is just plain irresponsible – Hackers are starting to exploit XP
Windows XP reached it’s end of life last year. That means that Microsoft will no longer provide security patches. Since many users have failed to retire their XP machines, that means that hackers will attempt to exploit these machines.
Well, it has started.. Microsoft was reported in a dryly worded Security Advisory titled “Vulnerability in Internet Explorer Could Allow Remote Code Execution” That is techspeak for “Hackers can take over your machine and do whatever they want with it”..
The problem for those who have not migrated from XP is that they cannot patch Internet Explorer to fix the vulnerability. Chrome is still offering some support for XP until the end of the year.
If any of your personal data is with a company running XP machines, it is at risk.
- Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP on 4 8 2014
- A Windows 10 patch that is supposed to address Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. BEWARE IF YOU HAVE AN AMD PROCESSOR
- Silly cPanel Warning after installing an SSL certificate on a domain without a dedicated IP
- Windows 10 is coming!!!
- Microsoft is ending Server 2003 support
- Vista SP1 – DANGER Will Robinson – Danger
- Microsoft releases patches to address vulnerabilities in IE, Office and Windows/Win Server