Hackers control vehicle functions on a Jeep Cherokee
Last Updated on
This article is a bit unsettling. Two hackers have proven that they are able to hack the computer systems of a Jeep Cherokee. Once they have control they can do innocuous things such as turning on the windshield washer, changing the AC temperature or turn on the wipers…. OR… They can apply or disable the breaking, turn the engine off or steer the vehicle.
The basic problem is that the entertainment systems are not isolated from the driving systems. A couple of senators are trying to get a bill passed that would require more security from the auto makers.
I’m beginning to believe that the Luddites had a point. This isn’t fantasy and it isn’t just a harmless prank. People can be killed this way regardless of if they are a specific target or someone is just looking for random victims.
While a Jeep was the vehicle that was hacked in this case, the same attack could be applied against most other modern vehicles.
Click the link below for the full article.
Wired article on hacking a Jeep Cherokee
Keep in mind that the concept also applies to aircraft. Here is a link to an article describing how that was done.
- Adding an Anchor Link to Headers in WordPress with Gutenberg
- A quick way to have a link_to show as a button instead of a text link
- daylight savings time mess
- Can your car dealer remotely kill your car??
- Want to know what that pic is?? search by uploading an image.
- GREAT NEWS- Botnet operators arrested…!!!!
- Beware of the Phishing Attack
- Using Anchors in Joomla 1.5x with the JCE Editor