Issues with Oracle’s VM Virtualbox and Windows 10
I have not ‘upgrade’ to Windows 10 yet.
I needed to update my Oracle VM Virtualbox and found that there were some compatibility issues between Virtualbox and Windows 10
Please be aware that Windows 10 is not yet officially supported! There are known problems with VirtualBox 5.0.2 on Windows 10 hosts and with Windows 10 guests. Some of the problems are fixed in the most recent test build which can be found here.
I’m going to hold off on any move to Windows 10 for a bit.
UPDATE Dec 2017 – I ended up not installing Windows 10 on my Windows 8 desktop. When I finally did try to install, my system failed the hardware test. So I’m leaving it as-is. I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a newer, more powerful desktop. Oracle VM is working fine under Windows 10.
- Oracle’s Virtual Box – virtual machine for windows
- Managing Multiple Ruby Versions in Windows
- Copy and paste with Putty running on an Ubuntu VM
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- Skype video not working on an HP Vista laptop
- Good article on Windows 10 from HowtoGeek
- Windows 10 is coming!!!
- Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP on 4 8 2014