Joomla 4 working group post
We are starting to see some indications of how Joomla 4 will function and appear.
The Joomla Working group has a post giving some of the first details.
One of the really interesting thoughts is the promise of a ‘one click upgrade from Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4’. The migrations for major releases have improved over time. The Joomla 1.7 to 2.5 was tedious at best. Migrations to 3.x went a bit easier but still presented challenges.
Given the number of third party extensions used on anything but the simplest site, I believe that things will be a little more complex than ‘one click and done’. Time will tell.
- Joomla end of life
- Viewing your SQLLite Data (Ruby on Rails beginners)
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Removing obsolete database tables from your Joomla site.
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- Mobilizing joomla sites with Jtouch
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID
- DB Replacer – Mass changes for your Joomla Site