Joomla 4 working group post
We are starting to see some indications of how Joomla 4 will function and appear.
The Joomla Working group has a post giving some of the first details.
One of the really interesting thoughts is the promise of a ‘one click upgrade from Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4’. The migrations for major releases have improved over time. The Joomla 1.7 to 2.5 was tedious at best. Migrations to 3.x went a bit easier but still presented challenges.
Given the number of third party extensions used on anything but the simplest site, I believe that things will be a little more complex than ‘one click and done’. Time will tell.
- CAUTION if updating from Joomla 2.5.x to 3.x when running SH404sef
- Joomla end of life
- Viewing your SQLLite Data (Ruby on Rails beginners)
- Removing obsolete database tables from your Joomla site.
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID
- Mobilizing joomla sites with Jtouch
- Fabrik for joomla 2.1 to 3.x migration.
- Google will look at the mobile friendliness of your site as a ranking factor starting April 2015