Carbonite forces password changes
Carbonite is requiring many of it’s users to change their passwords. They have sent out an email regarding this . HOWEVER, it is a good practice to NEVER click on an email link. You should always go directly to the site either by typing the name in or, if there is a control panel like carbonite, accessing the site through that.
It appears that they are forcing the password change to protect those people who use the same password and email on a number of sites. Using the same password for multiple sites is just a plain bad idea.
- Carbonite’s colored dots are not showing. .
- SOLVED – WPS Hide Admin not working after deploying HTTPS in WordPress
- Password manager hacked (why you should not use password managers)
- Lightning Strikes and computers
- how to add additional admin users in oscommerce with htpasswd
- Interesting article on what hackers do with pwned sites
- Securing your Joomla admin login from brute force attacks.
- Cheap Hosting and Identity Theft