Changing your background photo in linked in. Fix for correct your fields
If you have the premium version of Linkedin, you can use background images from their small library.
If you are using the free version, you need to upload your own image.
Currently the required size is 1584×396. I found some free images at https://linkedinbackground.com/page/5/
When I tried to switch the image in my profile I got a message to ‘check my fields’.
I looked at the image and it as 1584 x 385. I ran it through GIMP and rotated it 90 degrees, then changed the canvas to 158×386 and exported as a jpg. That worked. Dang, one steeeenking pixel made all the difference.
- GMIC Pencil Portrait Example
- Protecting your blog and website images with a watermark with a GIMP plugin
- Do you want a free alternative to Photoshop?
- Adding icons for editing, deleting and saving records in Ruby on Rails
- A great cheat sheet on image sizes for social media headers and profile pics.
- Why I don’t like to use background images on websites
- Add Faveicons to your WordPress site
- Want to know what that pic is?? search by uploading an image.