Changing your background photo in linked in. Fix for correct your fields
If you have the premium version of Linkedin, you can use background images from their small library.
If you are using the free version, you need to upload your own image.
Currently the required size is 1584×396. I found some free images at https://linkedinbackground.com/page/5/
When I tried to switch the image in my profile I got a message to ‘check my fields’.
I looked at the image and it as 1584 x 385. I ran it through GIMP and rotated it 90 degrees, then changed the canvas to 158×386 and exported as a jpg. That worked. Dang, one steeeenking pixel made all the difference.
- Protecting your blog and website images with a watermark with a GIMP plugin
- Adding icons for editing, deleting and saving records in Ruby on Rails
- A great cheat sheet on image sizes for social media headers and profile pics.
- Why I don’t like to use background images on websites
- Warning on SourceForge downloads from Howtogeek.
- Do you want a free alternative to Photoshop?
- Want to know what that pic is?? search by uploading an image.
- A Simple way to see when Google indexes your images.