Compromised WordPress sites are being targeted in a Cryptocurrency mining scheme
I run Wordfence on all of my WordPress installations. There are free and pro versions. A recent Wordfence email highlighted an attack on WordPress sites. The hacked sites are used to do two things: (1) Attack other sites and (2) Mine Cryptocurrency.
If the site owner doesn’t take immediate action to remedy the situation, they will find their sites blacklisted.
For more details, read the Wordfence blog post.
- WordPress Captcha plugin has a backdoor.
- Interesting article on what hackers do with pwned sites
- Securing your WordPress site
- SOLVED – WPS Hide Admin not working after deploying HTTPS in WordPress
- Using the Author Feature of WordPress to Brand Your Name
- WordPress – Brute force attacks stopped with the wps-hide-login plugin
- Why you should never allow your web developer to modify the core or plugin code.
- Carbonite forces password changes