Managing Multiple Ruby Versions in Windows
I ran into a situation where I needed to manage and work with multiple Ruby installations on Rails on a Windows System. Unfortunately RBENV and RVM do not run under windows.
I found a tool called PIK but unfortunately it is no longer maintained. However, the page at Pik led me to URU.
You can download URU at https://bitbucket.org/jonforums/uru/. URU is multi platform, but for now, I’m sticking with RBENV for my linux machines.
Update Dec 2017 – I have pretty much decided that Windows is not a good development platform for Rails in most situations. I’ve moved to either pure Ubuntu machines or running Ubuntu in an Oracle Virtualbox.
- A second lease on life for old PCs with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Open Source Alternatives to Exchange
- An easy way to determine which version of Linux you are running.
- Tried to use Westhost’s preferred cpanel hosting for Rails — NO GO
- Issues with Oracle’s VM Virtualbox and Windows 10
- Use the Bundle Outdated command to keep your Rails applications secure
- Creating Entity Relationship Diagrams in Rails.
- Creating a USB stick to install Ubuntu using Rufus