Modifying your Blogger template with CSS.
NOTE – be sure to backup your blog and template before trying this. For most users, there should not be a problem but backups can’t hurt.
The problem with the template for this blog was that when you looked at posts by month or label, they all seemed to run together. The default post heading was not standing out as you can see below. Actually, it was worse than the image in that followed links were grey, not black.
The first step was to go to the blog and do an INSPECT on the post title. The results are below. The class I was looking to change was h3.post-title. I did not want to change all H3 tags as I might use them in pages or posts.
To change things, go to THEME, then choose CUSTOMIZE for your theme. Note – if you customize the HTML directly, you could run into issues if the theme is updated.
UPDATE Dec2017 – I added some additional CSS to make the blockquotes stand out a little better
border: 2px solid blue;
- An example of why you should use the featured image feature in WordPress
- A Simple way to see when Google indexes your images.
- Problems after uploading photos from Google Photos to Blogger.
- Using the Author Feature of WordPress to Brand Your Name
- Changing hosting for an FTP based Blogger Blog
- Fixing a broken blogger blog that was showing a bx- error in the front end and when accessing templates.
- Cert links to guidance from manufacturers affected by Meltdown and Spectre
- Migrating from Blogger to WordPress