Replacement android keyboards could compromise your data
I found this article about the dangers posed by replacement android keyboards. This makes a lot of sense. The keyboard tracks every keystroke or voice command you give.
In some cases, files were found that contained email addresses and passwords.
That type of data poses a risk regardless of the intent of the developer. IOW even if the developer is producing an honest app, someone else can get a hold of the data and compromise your security. Keep in mind that this isn’t just the password for your phone but passwords for sites and apps you use.
Before you load a ‘smarter’ keyboard think carefully about whether or not the risk is worth the benefit.
- Using blogger with verizon and an Lg Envy.
- Password manager hacked (why you should not use password managers)
- Outlook Express Password Recovery
- Cheap Hosting and Identity Theft
- The great mobile phone quest – Blackberry Storm and Curve ruled out.
- Oops – Google password system might be hacked
- Carbonite forces password changes
- Freeing up space on an Android Phone (or other device)