Google Adsense and Analytics showing different page views – Simple fix
I noticed a huge discrepancy in reported page views for a site that had a spike in viewers. The solution turned out to be simple.
Adsense was showing about 3 times the page views that Analytics was showing. I had done some Reddit posting the night before and it was driving traffic to the site. In a lot of cases Adsense shows less page views because of ad blocking, pages that didn’t load etc.
The answer was simple. I had the wrong timezone set for Analytics. Adsense was set for Eastern time which is where I am located. Analytics was set for Pacific time resulting in a three hour difference in the daily window. As you can see, the Adsense timezone was set for Eastern and the Analytics timezone was set for Pacific time.
Note – It will take a day or so for the stats to sync up. From what I can see, the data in Analytics is already timestamped. Changing the zone seems to only affect future stats
Check your timezone settings for your analytics accounts and your adsense accounts.
- A reason for differences in Blogger, Google Analytics and Adsense page views
- J-Google-Adsense extension for Joomla showing wrong publisher ID
- You can have Google Analytics email you a report monthly (Beta)
- Why you want to check the timezone setting of your WordPress site.
- J – Google AdSense module for Joomla – BE SURE TO ADD YOUR PUBLISHER ID
- Are you losing SEO because your WordPress Site is not set to force https?
- Using Cloudflare with Westhost WordPress sites
- A Great SEO Checker for your sites