Updating your WordPress plugins takes your site offline temporarily – Time things accordingly.
When you open your WordPress dashboard and update your plugins, be aware that your site will be down for the time it takes to update the plugins.
In most cases, this is only a few minutes at most. However, if you just spent money on Adwords, Facebook or other advertising, you could be losing out. Your users will see the following message
Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.
Stay on top of your plugin updates
Do your plugin updates during low traffic times.
- Opening multiple WordPress admin window for sites on a shared host results in high CPU usage.
- WordPress Captcha plugin has a backdoor.
- WordPress 5.2 update hangs on ‘Unpacking the update . . .’
- WordPress crash after updating BackupWordPress to v 3.9 – June 10 2019
- Why you should never allow your web developer to modify the core or plugin code.
- This site was being attacked
- FX-Foundry scripts for GIMP (Photoshop like image program)
- Is your site on HTTPs yet? Chrome will warn users who visit http sites.