Silly cPanel Warning after installing an SSL certificate on a domain without a dedicated IP
I installed an SSL certificate on a domain that does not have a fixed IP. It warned that Microsoft IE on Windows XP will give a false security warning.. REALLY?? This is 2018. Is anyone using XP?
The warning reads “Note: You do not have a dedicated IP address. As a result, web browsers that do not support SNI will probably give false security warnings to your users when the access any of your SSL websites. Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows XP is the most widely used web browser that does not support SNI”.
Seriously though, getting dedicated IPs for these sites is on the list of ‘things to do’ once they start pulling revenue. In the meantime, I’ll have to deal with the traffic I’m losing from security conscious Windows XP users.
- Vista SP1 – DANGER Will Robinson – Danger
- A Windows 10 patch that is supposed to address Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. BEWARE IF YOU HAVE AN AMD PROCESSOR
- Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP on 4 8 2014
- Adsense mistake with allowed sites
- Running XP at this point is just plain irresponsible – Hackers are starting to exploit XP
- Windows 10 is coming!!!
- Vulnerability in older versions of Internet Explorer
- Dlink DCS 936L camera – False alarms all day but misses SUVs, Mailmen and all 240 pounds of me.