Active Storage in Rails 5.2 DOES NOT SUPPORT VALIDATIONS
You have to be kidding me.. I just found out that Active Storage in Rails DOES NOT SUPPORT VALIDATIONS.
Active Storage is new to Rails 5.2. It is designed to replace tools such as CarrierWave and Paperclip that allow users to upload attachments
BUT it does not support validations.
In other words, there is no built in means of limiting file size or file extension/type. If you want to validate the data, you need to build your own solution. If you don’t users can upload huge files or possibly malicious files.
This issue in the Rails Repo has been locked. It is a discussion of this shortcoming of Active Storage.
- Showing the file name before committing to an upload of a CSV file in Ruby on Rails
- Back up your Google Drive documents!!!
- You must enable html multi for file uploads.
- Need to send a lot of large files?
- Limitations with file uploading on an Ipad.
- Validating CSV imports in Rails
- Viewing your SQLLite Data (Ruby on Rails beginners)
- Buffalo 1 TB Linkstation Network Addressable Storage Device